Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mom…

 

I love you 

though I have not met you

You love and protect me

teaching me as I grow,

Guiding me and understanding

you see me through each day

You brought me into this world

but you can’t let me go

You know how cruel and beautiful

life will be to me,

I am here and I see you

My mommy to be

As I come up in life

I know I can always count on you

No other can love me or you

like our mothers do

They cry and laugh at us,

with us, teaching us to care and love each other

You’ve did your best to give

me  the tools I need

For when I marry

I have come to learn

That i too will do these

things for the mother I am to be

A little one, so small and tender

I will then as you taught me

To love hard, live strong and

in the end forgive all

To you, Mother, that bond we have

no one can ever break

For  you had me in your heart

long before I could see the dawn break

No comments:

Post a Comment