Tuesday, May 22, 2012

My Daughter - My Most Precious Gift

My daughter, my most precious gift.  Twenty-six years ago today, God gave me such a blessing that words cannot describe the love that I have for her or Him.  There are many things that I cannot remember of my past, but this gift I will remember until the day I die.  What a wonderful and precious gift of a child being born and a girl at that.

The evening before your birth, your dad, myself and your grandmother Loftin were all at a softball game.  Your dad's team had a game and I had fixed supper for us to enjoy during the game.  BBQ chicken, potato salad and green beans.  I can't remember if we won or lost that game, I guess it is because I was so preoccupied with the discomfort I was felling because you were on your way, but I did not realize that until later.

Your grandmother had come down because it was getting close to time for you to make your appearance and I knew that I would need her there.  She and I had, it seemed, walked for miles and miles the week before.  That is suppose to be good for you and the birth so we walked.  She knew something that I had no idea of and that was you were on your way into this world.

Around midnight, I woke up and told your dad that I thought it was time.  He, your grandmother and myself loaded into the small Mazda S 10 pickup truck and headed to the hospital, Womack Ft Bragg.  Yes, you were born at the army hospital the next morning around 10 am.  That was a trip that we all took together that I don't think any of us will ever forget.  I had to have the heat on one minute and then the air conditioner on the next.  Not to mention that this truck was a straight drive with the gear stick in the floor.  Okay, you will have to use your imagination from there.

It wasn't long after we arrived at the hospital, that we were sure you were ready to make your appearance into the world.  And when you did, everyone knew you were hear.  You were yelling at the top of your little lungs and letting everyone know, you had arrived.

Nicole you are the most precious gift God has ever given me.  You have turned into an awesome young woman that knows what she wants and how to get it.  There is not a day that goes by that I do not think of you and how proud I am of you.  You have accomplished so much and you have just gotten started good.  No parent could be more proud.

My daughter, my most precious gift, you are as strong as you are beautiful.  Knowing that you are working at the main thing that has been your passion all your life.  The children and young adults that you are teaching and trying to prepare them for what lies ahead are blessed to have you as their teacher.

Also, I know that you have met and married such a precious young man that loves you deeply and completely.  Knowing that God is a strong force in your lives and that you respect each other for the person  you both are separate and for what a greater force of love that you are together.  God has been and is still shaping you both into what is truly a wonderful blessing for all that you touch. 

To my daughter, my most precious gift I want to say Thank you for being my daughter.  Though there have been extremely hard times between us, you still love me and allow me to be your mother.  Words cannot describe how deeply I love and respect you as a person, teacher, wife and daughter.  It is to you I write this to let all that read it know that God does give us such precious gifts and we all should be very thankful to Him.  He has allowed you to be a part of my life and help me to be the person I am today.

To my daughter, my most precious gift, "Happy Birthday" and may God continue to bless and enrich your and Bryan's lives together.

I love you to the moon and back, with all my heart and soul.  With every fiber of my being and as a gift from God, I am proud to be your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment