Sunday, April 22, 2012

God Puts People in Your Life For a Reason

Had such a wonderful time this weekend.  Saw old friends and made some new ones.  My spirit has been given a boost.  Am so happy that the people that are in my life today understand me and know how to relate to me.  I never would have dreamed I would have so many "true friends" that honestly and openly love me.  Am always amazed by this anywhere I go.  There were folks there that are concerned with me being happy, offering help and suggestions for my life on life's terms.  We don't always like some of the emotions that we feel, but we must feel them to grow and learn and to become stronger people.  In order to help the next person that has to face what we have already faced and events that we have made it through.

My life has been touched by so many different people in the past 2 years that I am overwhelmed at time.  The love and compassion they have for me is like no other I have ever experienced.  Without a lot of them helping in the past 2 years, I would not be the person I am today.  I have learned to love others for themselves, defects of character and all.  Most of all, I have learned to love myself even though, I too, have defects of character.  That is what makes me who I am and who I want to become.

Knowing that as long as I remain teachable and accepting, I will grow in ways that were at one time unimaginable to me.  I still have a lot of work to do but with God's help and the help of my new friends,  I am willing to press forward on this journey of mine.

I have not always been this happy with my life.  There have been times that I truly did not want to live.  It is so hard to believe that I really did feel that way at one time, but I did not like myself nor the way my life was.  That has all changed.  I love myself and the life that God has given my today.

There are days that I get up and am not feeling "all that", but I go forward through my day anyway.  Most times by the end of that day, things have gotten better and I have a brighter outlook than when I first got up.  I do thank God for everyday that He gives me.  I know to do that it is by His grace and mercy that I am still here today.

God has blessed me with such a wonderful family and great, loving friends that I just cannot describe how that makes me feel.  He has been the provider for all my needs since before I was born.  How dare I not be grateful to Him?  How dare I not seek His guidance and love on a daily basis?  How dare anyone that has experienced His grace and mercy not be grateful or seek Him in every aspect of their life?

God is my provider.  He is my love, hopes and dreams.  Without Him I would have none of these things.  With out "treating people the way I want them to treat me" I would not have the love in my heart for all people.  That is my spirituality today.  No matter who you are, what you have done or not done, no matter what, I love you and pray everyday that God would be allowed to come into your heart and give you what you need in order to ask for His guidance and the will to follow that guidance on a daily basis.  I pray several times a day, "God take my will and my life and show me what Your will for me is and grant me what I need to carry that will out."

Today, I honesty do seek God's will for me in every part of my life.  From my mom and dad to my brothers and sister to my daughter and any and everyone in my life that I know and the ones I have yet to meet.  As long as I seek God's will and listen for His answers I know my life will go down the path that it is meant to follow.  I know that as long as I pray selflessly for God's love and mercy He will give it to me.  As long as I pray for people that are in my life today and those that I have not yet met, I know He will hear me and watch over them even through the darkest hour and brightest days.

No comments:

Post a Comment