Saturday, June 2, 2012

Be Prepared for the Gifts God Sends

Awake but sleepy eyed, I head toward the kitchen for my first cup of coffee for the day.  The rich, strong smell of coffee, loved it.  Pouring a cup, I reach for the sugar jar to sweeten just a bit.  Out to the back porch I go, to enjoy the beginnings of a new day God has given us.

There I sit.  Coffee in one hand, cigarette in the other.  Squirrels are running around, birds singing and chasing each other from one tree to the next.  My eyes are closed as I drink in the sounds of a new day beginning and the rich, hearty taste of coffee.

"God, thank you for this day.  Thank you for allowing me to wake and have the ability to enjoy Your world waking.  Thank you for the ability to see, hear and taste all the wonders of this morning.  Thank you God for just...loving me, comforting me, protecting me, and teaching me a little bit of life."

The sun is peaking through the trees and there is a light breeze rustling the leafs on the trees.  Smells of wild flowers, roses, and day lilies fill the air.  Bees are buzzing from one flower to the next.  Here I sit on the back porch with my  coffee, praying that this time, this moment could be kept to inspire each time a new morning comes.  What a wonderful gift that would be.

Be thankful for what you have for there are many that have nothing and I mean nothing.  They don't have a warm comfortable bed, a roof over their heads, food to eat, and very few clothes to dress themselves in.  Each day they wake up, they put one foot in front of the other and face their day God has given them.

Learn to be humble, smile more, laugh much more as that is the fuel of the soul.  As one man has said, "laughter is the only thing that we all did before we could speak, eat or walk.  It is a universal language that all understand."  My experience has shown me that if I face my day with a grim outlook,  then that is what I will get.  On the other hand, if I face my day with a smile on my face, joy in my heart and laughter on the tip of my tongue the day is indescribable.

There is a smile across my face as I sit here and write this because I know someone out there will read this and understand.  That is why this blog is so important to me.  I can post this and know that the person that needed to hear these words will see them and they will read them.  And that in and of itself will be all they need to get through today.  Some may be able to get through a week, or a month, who knows?

I do know that my posts are for a reason.  A reason that I do not fully understand myself.  All I know is that a thought runs across my mind and when I can't shake it's feelings, a new post is born.

Please remember that when you are going through, whatever it may be, that you will always have God on your side to see you through the storm and deliver you safely to the other side.  Through this process you become strong, more understanding and caring for others.

I do hope that I have touch your heart in some way.  If not today, maybe next time.  You never know when you will read or hear what you need.  You may not know what to do with it when you do hear or read it.  So, go slower through life.  Enjoy every single moment as if it were you last.  Love, laugh and grow.  Be prepared for what God may have for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment