Saturday, June 16, 2012

DAD

To me a dad is that man that held me when I was small and said that everything will be okay.

That person that took you here and there just because you wanted to go with daddy.

He is the person that got the splinter out of foot or hand and kissed it to make it better.

The person, that when you are running around outside and step on a bee, gets the stringer out and put something on it to stop the hurt.

That person that took you to baseball and football games and took the time to explain the rules so that you could understand the game.

He is the person that came to events  you  were in and was proud of you no matter what the out come.

That person that always made you feel special and safe just by the smile on his face.

A dad is the first person your date meets at the front door and the last person you see as you are leaving, with that stern look of the need to protect you from this guy and every guy.

He is the first man to see you all dolled up and ready to go to the prom and makes you feel like "a little princess."

The man that, when that boy who wants to ask for your hand in marriage, is a little sad and happy all at the same time.  You are growing up and he is missing his sidekick.

A dad is that person that walks you down the aisle at your wedding, giving you to the new man he hopes that will protect you, makes you laugh, and will be there for you like he was.

Dad is that man that lights up when you introduce him to the newest addition to the family and now he has grandchildren.

A dad is that man that is there when nothing in life seems to be going right.  To give you the support and guidance you need.

My dad, is now getting up there in age, moves much slower than ever before, set in his ways and thinking, and is still there when I need him to be.

My dad, I know, will not be here with me forever and I cry inside to see him slowing down.  It is killing him from the inside out.

My dad, yes, has been these things to me, as yours has to you.  Dad's love their daughters and sons.  They want nothing but the best for them. 

My dad has lived and experienced and shared so much with me, my respect and gratitude are overflowing.  He has been there for the good, the bad and the indifferent.  He can be as strong as the lion protecting his cub and as sweet as a newborn baby's smile.

I love you daddy!  Happy Fathers Day!

Love, your baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment