Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!!

As 2012 comes to an end, I am reflecting back to all that has happened over this year:

This year I started this blog and am still going strong.  Many of you have been so kind as to respond favorably to the issues that I post.  This has really meant a lot to me, as I can express so much more in the written word than I could ever express by speaking.  Yet, this has given me new and a high level of self-esteem and I can, if needed, speak in front of groups of people and be okay with it.  You have helped me grow so much this past year that 'Thank You' seems to fall a bit short in my amount of gratitude that I have.  Am praying that the coming year will be even better than this one.  Taking one day at a time and one foot in front of the other, I will get to my destination.

This year has brought us happiness and sorrow.  We have lost many friends, family and folks we don't even know to the horrors of this cruel and, at times, unloving world.  Children taken before their time.  Many  have questioned how could this happen, who is responsible, and what can we do so this doesn't happen again?  I fear that there are no cut and dry answers to the cry of the public.  For me, I must live in today, try not to worry about yesterday for I cannot change anything and not look head to tomorrow for it is not promised.  I feel, that we all must live in today.  Do what we can when we can today.

For me, I see a nation that is so divided that it is hard to tell good, bad and indifferent from each other.  No one can make heads or tails out of the multitude of events happening here and abroad.  Many are asking how to get God back to America, what can we do, where can we turn?  I say, God never left America, America has left God.  We, as a nation, need to remember where it is that this great nation of ours formed from.  The poem "Footprints" says it all, for me anyway.  God has not and will not leave anyone that has accepted Him into their lives.  Yes, we do stray away from time to time, but He is always there to let us walk beside Him again when we are able.

I know I am sadden for many that cannot see this or understand how this has happened.  We demand too much from others and do not give enough to God.  This once great Nation of ours can be that again, but only if we get out of the way and let God lead us instead of this one or another who do not walk with Him to begin with.  I fear the more we try or have others try to "fix" things the worse they will become.  We must move out of the way.  Stop telling help how to help us.  As individuals, we must allow God's will in our lives to be done and I think in turn, His will shall be done for America.

My process of recovery has allowed me to look at events with a different perspective.  I can and do have acceptance, tolerance, patience, hope, faith and so on in my life today.  I can look at things, events, people with an open mind and an open heart.  I do my very best to get out of God's way in my life and let Him show me His will for me and how I may carry out that will.  We must all get back to living as 'Do unto others as you would have them do unto you'.  You know "The Golden Rule"!  Many, so many have or seem to have forgotten this.  And it is so sad that the answer to so many prayers could be this plain and so very simple plan.  A plan that says that I will, everyday God allows me to have, treat each and everyone that I may come in contact with, directly or indirectly, the way in which I would want to be treated.

Simple, yes, it is.  But lots of times it is the simple things that we cannot do.  Most feel that there should be more than just this.  For me, this is enough.  It is when we try to add to the solution, that has worked for decades, that the problems grow and grow until no one can 'fix' them.  I live a very simple and wonderful life.  Family, friends, loved ones that I truly care for and they for me.  I don't make things harder than they have to be, that, for me, is just plain crazy.  Each day God allows me to have, I ask what do  you want me to do and how do you want me to do it?  I cannot live today another way.  God has been so kind and caring to give me a life that is worth living for that I must and shall live it the way He would have me live.

Sorry, that this sounds more like a sermon  but those that know me know that I write from my heart and not my head.  Many things do not sound the way you might think they should sound but that is where my own personality comes in.  I wanted this post to be one that would make everyone that read it say 'wow, that's something to think about' or 'you know it could really be that simple'.

This post is the last one for 2012.  I wanted to end the year with something so profound that you would be eager for more in 2013.  I do appreciate all of you for the support you give.  You give it so freely and without restrains, as I feel that if we could do that in all areas of our lives then we could get back to something like it was before.  Before what you may ask, I have no clue!  But to me, that is the beauty of living for God's will and not my own.

May your new year give you more avenues to explore.  May your goals be reachable.  May you all know happiness without strings attached.  May you find your way home and may God be the one you give the glory to.

Happy New Year to all.  Be safe, sober and free.  Give someone a hug, you never know what could come from it.  Live this new year with a renewed love in your heart for others and not yourself.  Think less of yourself and more of others.

May God bless each of you and may you find the way that you can walk with Him throughout your entire life.  Much love and respect to all....see ya next year!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment