Saturday, December 15, 2012

Strength to Move Forward

God,

Here once again to pray that the people of this nation realize that they must allow You back into their lives.  There are so many innocent lives being lost for no reason.  No, I believe there is a reason, for everything happens for a reason.  People are posting that since You were taken out of the schools that is in part what allowed this to happen.  Not sure if I agree with that statement.  It is so very sad to say, and someone will be offended I'm sure, but God does not 'let' bad things happen.  The Devil is loose and on the face of this earth.  Bad things happen, I feel, due to choices that we make.

Being in recovery has taught me that things happen for a reason and it is because of the choices we make or have made that lay the ground work for things to come.  I am very sadden to the events yesterday.  I cannot imagine losing my child at such an early age.  These events are weighing heavy on most folks heart.  Most of us know that things like this should not happen, but they do.

My prayer is for all those families that lost a  loved one, may the pain you are feeling now, be turned into love for God.  As hard as this is for me to write, I know that many will not appreciate my words. We must pray for the people that are affected by these events.  We must pray for understanding and forgiveness, guidance and acceptance.

Understanding for we will never know the entire story behind this and other hideous crimes that have and will be committed.  Forgiveness for those that carry out these crimes for they are lost and need prayers so that they may be led to God.  Guidance as to how to move forward.  We must carry on even in these days of total sorrow.  And acceptance, for things of this nature are going to happen.  There is not much we can do to change that.  We must accept the fact that for no matter what we as a nation try to do, there will always be someone or something that is doing all it can do to break this nation more than it already is.

My opinion is that the only one that has any answers is our Father, God.  I feel that until we, as a nation, one people, allow God back into our lives and teach our children morals and values, the end will come only quicker than you could have ever imagined.

No, I nor anyone on this earth will be able to stop every crime that is as heart wrenching as this.  But we can come together and agree that the morals and values that we were taught as children are not being taught today.  It is not the teachers place to have to teach and explain the values, morals and manners that we should live by.  Too many parents do so little today with their children and schooling them in these things that should have been taught at home long before they are school age.  Too many parents today are too quick to blame the school, teachers and anything else as long as it is not themselves.

Yes, my heart is heavy today for the ones that were left behind and  will have to find a way to somehow  continue on in their lives.  Something I would not wish on anyone.  My grandmother had to watch a child of hers pass and she always said that no mother should have to witness the death of a child as this was unnatural.  Believe me when I tell you that this is the hardest post I have written thus far.  But because God is first and foremost in my life, I feel that these thoughts that a lot of folks are having, but for whatever reason do not want to share them, then here is their out.  I have said the things for you that needed to be said.

Now that they are said we must, even if it is a small amount show forgiveness, some understanding, and a little acceptance in order to move forward in each of our own lives as well as a nation.

May you ask God for the understanding, forgiveness,  and acceptance we all need in our lives each day.  May you allow the love of God to fill your heart and show in your actions to others.  Allow Him to guide you and your family in all that you do and may He protect and comfort those in need.  May God keep you and bless you all the days of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment