Tuesday, December 25, 2012

To My Brothers and Sister, Thank you

To my brothers and my sister,

Being the youngest, I understand there were and are times that I am a pain.  With all that has happened with me the past few years, I find that it is time for me to say "Thank You" in my own way...

You have been there to guide me, pick at me and play with me.  Following you everywhere you went.  You took up for me if I were ever threaten and you looked out for me in your own way.  You taught me things that only a brother or sister could teach.  As I grew, you tried to show me right from wrong, but then came time for me to decide what was best for myself.

Through school, marriage, birth of a child and divorces, you all have been there.  To guide me, teach me, and comfort me in joyous times and sad times, no matter what the circumstances you were always there.

There have been times when you have had to step into my life and make hard decisions for me, because I was unable or incapable to do what needed to be done.  I am so grateful.  I must admit that I have needed looking after.  There were paths my life took that were bad decisions in my judgement.

You were there to make sure my daughter was taken care of when I could not do that job.  Though there were moments of anger and bitterness, you did what was best for all involved.

Now, looking back, I can see that all you did for me was because you loved me.  You tried and did protect me the best you could.

Now, it is my time to say "Thank you and I love you all!"  There is nothing that I can do to change events in our past nor would I really want to.  For if I did, we would not be where we are today in our relationships with each other.

So, this Christmas, my gift to y'all is to the living amends I am making.  Words are not enough for me to say I am sorry.  The life I live today, hopefully, shows you the gratitude that I have for the three of you.  And to your families as well.

As I have come to realize my mistakes in the past and the love that you tried so hard to give to me, I can only pray that by living my life the way I am today will show you that I am sorry for the things that I have done or said.  Understanding that those things were hurtful and painful, I ask that you forgive me.  Allow me to make my living amends to you all.

With the love that our family has among us, I am growing more and more everyday.  I would like to think that I, in some small way, am mending our relationships the best I can.  You three have been loving, kind, caring and supportive as I recover from my painful past.

I love each of you in a special way.  No one else you know can love you and respect you the way I do.  You are and have always been great examples for me to follow.  Being the youngest, I guess I had to bump my rear more before I could see that you three are only loving me the way you know how to love me.

Thank you for being my brothers and sister!  There are no others that I would want to call my siblings.  May God bless each of you and your families.  May we continue onward in our lives loving and comforting each other as only we can do.  You are by far the greatest siblings in the world and I am so proud to call you my brothers and sister.

Much love and respect to each of you.  Thank you.  And love ya!!!



Church At Auvers Framed Canvas Art By Vincent Van Gogh (Google Affiliate Ad)St. Nicholas Square Church Ornament (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment